Welcome to the latest instalment of the popular Zelda Guessing Games: the sacred Who am I? --- 20 questions game!!!
And what, pray tell, is this game about, you ask? Let me tell you.
Just like the original Who am I?
, one person, henceforth referred to as the Gamekeeper
, has a character, location or item
of the Zelda Universe in their mind. Now, instead of giving
clues to your fellow members, people have to [/ask questions[/I] about the nature of the “Who” we are looking for, to which the Gamekeeper will provide simple yes/no answers.
This makes this game easy to participate in for all parties, and it can progress much faster with everyone being able to ask questions to discover the answer.Rules for everyone asking a question
- It MUST be yes/no questions
#1: Are you a living being?
#2: Are you male?
#3: Are you female?
#4: Do you occur in more than one Zelda game?
#5: Are you a boss?
- Double-guessing is prohibited
– wait for at least one other persons to ask a question before you go again. Other than that you can ask as many questions per hour as you want.Update:You may only double-guess during the very first 3 questions, as it's highly unlikely that you can get it that soon. But other than that, please be civil and wait for someone else to guess away.
- At any point you may utter a guess
– which acts as a question in its own right.
- Unlike with the other games, you don’t have to wait for the answers after each question
– it is perfectly possible for there to be successive questions without an immediate answer. The answering rate is entirely up to the Gamekeeper.Rules for the Gamekeeper
- Answer simply by saying yes or no
- To keep the game clear and easy to follow, repeat the answers to the previous questions again
so people won’t have to scroll endlessly to keep up with the game.Worked-out example:
#1: yes, living being
#2: no, not male
#3: not female either, so neuter (= a monster or asexual living being)
#4: no, only in one Zelda game
#5: yes, I'm a boss
- As a rule you don’t give additional clues or information
- it is up to the people asking questions to form their questions as unambiguous as possible. Only when you are unsure about a certain answer is it acceptable to give comments. If you are unsure, feel free to PM me, or the supervising Gamekeeper of the moment.Becoming the Gamekeeper or supervising Gamekeeper
The person who guesses right will be given the elect honour of hosting a new "Who am I?" for other people to guess. However, when you know you won’t be online long enough to supervise a new game, you may ask me, the Master Gamekeeper
, to host your game, or, if I’m not online, someone else who is willing to be the supervising Gamekeeper
How does this work? Well, you PM me, or someone else, with the new “Who” for the game, so I, or the supervising Gamekeeper, can keep the game going. Is that clear?Scores
Not unimportant is the scoreboard
. Just like with the original Who am I?
I will keep track of the scores of everyone who has guessed right so far. But there's more to it...
To spice things up, you can earn a different number of points depending on how fast you succeed
in guessing who we are looking for.
2/3: 14 points
4/5: 12 points
6/7: 10 points
8/9: 8 points
10/11: 6 points
12/13: 5 points
14/15: 4 points
16/17: 3 points
18/19: 2 points
20 or more: 1 point
The first number is the number of questions needed to make the right guess, the second number is the number of points you earn. After 20 questions, only the standard one point is obtainable. Let’s get this party started! ^_^